Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Date of Retired Items

  1. #1
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to make an information page about Retired products on my website so I was wondering if you ladies will kindly help.

    I would like to know the original price and retirement date for these items please:

    - Addy's Winter Amusements
    - Addy's School Supplies
    - Addy's Potato Pudding Set
    - Felicity's Nighttime Necessities
    - Felicity's Rescue Kit
    - Felicity's School Supplies
    - Samantha's Paint Set

    Thanks in advance! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can give you the prices, but I'm not sure on the retirements. Most of these retired when I was on my AG hiatus, lol. I think Felicity's were probably in 2000, though.

    Addy's Winter Amusements- $18 (Winter Fun)
    Addy's School Supplies- $18 (Satchel & Supplies)
    Addy's Potato Pudding Set- $16
    Felicity's Nighttime Necessities- $18
    Felicity's Rescue Kit- $18
    Felicity's School Supplies- $18 (Reading & Writing Lesson)
    Samantha's Paint Set- $20 (Summer Amusements)

    These are from a Holiday 94 catalogue.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMG [img]eek.gif[/img] Addy's Winter Fun was only $18!!!! It's on Ebay and so far it's at $71!!!!

    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know! It's so weird to see these items going for so much. They were available for over 10 years, you'd think there'd be so many out there that they wouldn't go for such high prices.

    Addy's Potato Pudding Kit is the one that shocks me. It's just a bowl, skillet, spoon, and recipe, and it goes for about the same price [img]frown.gif[/img] .

    The Lissie ones routinely go for around that as well. I'd really like the Rescue Kit, but would never pay that much for it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why were Addy's things even retired??

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hopefully someone else can answer this because I have *no* idea.

    Lissie's are easy, cause they were trying to retire her all together. But Addy is a totally different story. The excuse they give for trying to retire Felicity is that her items were more costly to make, but didn't sell well. Perhaps the same is true of those three Addy items. I can see the Sweet Potato Pudding Kit not selling well, but definitely not the School set.

  7. #7
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Kirsten's 4th of July Fun set has been retired for a while too, and it goes for well over $50 on ebay all the time. I don't know if I'll ever get that one.

    It seems that AG got rid of a lot of summer accessory sets: ALL of Lissie's summer acc. are gone; Josefina's toy farm and summer fun set; Kirsten's July set; Addy's church fair set; Samantha's painting set; Molly's flag set. They've also gotten rid of a lot of winter accessories too. I don't understand the retirements at all.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Neither do I!

    Do you guys think if Pleasant Rowland was around she would even agree to this??

  9. #9
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I sometimes wonder how things would be if Pleasant still owned the company; it would be very interesting to see the differences she might have made now.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Call me what you will. . .I think Pleasant would approve of anything that was sound business sense (i.e. made money!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •